- Cook Time: 6 Hours
Bacon, beans and a variety of spices all in one dish.
- 8 slices bacon, diced
- 2 onions, quartered, sliced
- ¾ c. brown sugar, packed
- ½ c. vinegar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground dry mustard
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 can Original Baked Beans
- 1 can Joan of Arc® Light Red Kidney Beans
- 1 can Joan of Arc® Butter Beans
- 1 can green beans, cut, drained
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp.
- Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings; set bacon aside.
- Sauté onions in drippings until tender.
- Stir in brown sugar, vinegar, salt, mustard and garlic powder.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until onions are golden brown.
- Combine the beans in a slow cooker.
- Add onion mixture and bacon; mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until the beans are tender.
- Serve with a slotted spoon.