- Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Beans and ham sweetened with brown sugar.
- 28 oz. Original Baked Beans
- 12 slices baked or broiled ham, sliced ¼ inch thick
- 2 tbsp. butter or margarine
- ¼ c. brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 ½ tbsp. yellow or Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spoon beans in strip at narrow ends of ham slices. Roll up ham slices so that beans are enclosed in roll. Sturdy wooden toothpicks may be used to secure the rolls (remove picks before serving). Arrange ham rolls snugly in a shallow baking dish.
- In small saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Add brown sugar and mustard. Continue to cook over low heat, stirring until well blended. Baste tops of ham rolls with mustard glaze.
- Bake about 25 minutes, basting occasionally. Sprinkle with freshly ground pepper (optional).